Accounting services for Actors
Money, Money, Money…
As an actor, having to deal with your accounts and taxes can be a real headache. You probably get paid from several different sources (such as theatre work, commercials, demonstrations and appearance fees) and these all have to be accounted for. At the same time, you need to avoid paying too much (or too little) tax.
That’s where we come in. We can’t make you rich but we CAN help you to make the most of the money you earn. We’re experts – we know the ropes because we’ve been helping actors with their accounts for many years. Our job is to make life easier for you whilst helping you to keep as much money as possible from all your hard work.
So, how can we help?
- We’ll ensure that you’re correctly registered as employed or self employed in line with HMRC rules.
- We’ll sort out your accounts – dealing with situations such as actors who work both in the UK and abroad on multiple contracts is second nature to us.
- We’ll make sure that you only pay the tax that’s due – and that you also avoid getting into trouble and facing an HMRC investigation (not a nice thought!)
‘I've been represented by Axia for the past 18 months. In that time I have found them to be not only thoroughly professional, but also approachable, friendly and generous with their time; always prepared to answer questions and queries, making the convoluted world of HMRC and tax a lot less daunting!’
Stephen Butchard, Screen Writer
Don’t fall into The Money Pit…
There are other ways in which we can help you to keep hold of your money rather than see it drain away unnecessarily:
- If you perform abroad, we’ll ensure that any tax you pay in another country is either minimised or avoided wherever possible.
- We’ll take you through the wide range of expenses that are tax-deductible.
- We’ll help you to avoid the pitfalls that could reduce the expenses you could claim or could prevent you from setting any losses against other income.
To make life even easier, you can choose one of our three accounting packages:
£45 plus VAT per month.
Our introduction plan includes:
• Dedicated accountant
• Tax return reminders & checklist
• Annual accounts & Personal tax return
• Financial references
• Xero cashbook to help with record keeping
• Unlimited general phone and email advice
£70 plus VAT per month.
Everything on the Bob’s Your Uncle plan plus:
• Xero Starter or Standard Plan
• VAT return reminders
• Preparation and submission of VAT returns
• Advice on tax payments
• Payment on account reviews
Call us to discuss a tailor made service and pricing.
Everything on the Full Monty plan plus:
• Complex situations
• International aspects of a UK tax return
So, why not have a short chat with us to see how we could help you? You’ve got nothing to lose – and everything to gain!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please read our Actor related Blogs below for more information: