Money, Money, Money…
As an actor, having to deal with your accounts and taxes can be a real headache. You probably get paid from several different sources (such as theatre work, commercials, demonstrations and appearance fees) and these all have to be accounted for. At the same time, you need to avoid paying too much (or too little) tax.
That’s where we come in. We can’t make you rich but we CAN help you to make the most of the money you earn. We’re experts – we know the ropes because we’ve been helping actors with their accounts for many years. Our job is to make life easier for you whilst helping you to keep as much money as possible from all your hard work.
So, how can we help?
- We’ll ensure that you’re correctly registered as employed or self employed in line with HMRC rules.
- We’ll sort out your accounts and tax return – dealing with situations such as actors who work both in the UK and abroad on multiple contracts is second nature to us.
- We’ll make sure that you only pay the tax that’s due – and that you also avoid getting into trouble and facing an HMRC investigation (not a nice thought!)
‘I've been represented by Axia for the past 18 months. In that time I have found them to be not only thoroughly professional, but also approachable, friendly and generous with their time; always prepared to answer questions and queries, making the convoluted world of HMRC and tax a lot less daunting!’
Stephen Butchard, Screen Writer
Don’t fall into The Money Pit…
There are other ways in which we can help you to keep hold of your money rather than see it drain away unnecessarily:
- If you perform abroad, we’ll ensure that any tax you pay in another country is either minimised or avoided wherever possible and your tax return is correctly filed.
- We’ll take you through the wide range of expenses that are tax-deductible.
- We’ll help you to avoid the pitfalls that could reduce the expenses you could claim or could prevent you from setting any losses against other income.
To find out more about how The Showbiz Accountant could help your business, call Keith Rennie (Managing Partner) in the UK on: 0203 972 0155.
To schedule a call or email a question please click here.