Check out the latest trend in Accountants!
You wouldn’t expect an accountant to be able to sashay down the catwalk just as we wouldn’t expect you to have the specialist knowledge to sort out all the nuances of your accounts and taxes. Whether you’re on a high fashion shoot, helping to promote a new product or moving from the catwalk to the catalogue, you’re likely to be gaining revenue at different times from different sources. This can bring complexities so why not free up your valuable time and let us help you to make the most of your earnings.
Our accountants in the UK and the US provide a complete suite of a services that will ensure that your accounts are in order.
- We look after all aspects of your financial affairs, from tax compliance and general business advice through to tax advice and wealth protection.
- Working with several models helps us to understand your income streams and allowable expenses.
- With offices on both sides of the Atlantic, we can handle any of your international tax requirements regardless of where you are based or travel.
So, how can we help?
Our services are:
Accurate – Poised to perfection!
While you’re continually promoting the latest trends, making products look appealing and creating high quality work, we’ll do the same for you. We’ll ensure that everything is correctly accounted for. Taking account of elements such as any travel and related expenses, your portfolio and even your home office! Making sure that you keep as much of the income possible that you earn.
Reliable – We walk the talk
As a busy model, we know you have a varied portfolio that requires you to be flexible and adaptable. We also know how important it is for you to understand your client’s brief and to be responsive to their needs. Be assured that we UNDERSTAND you and because we’re incredibly flexible, we’re always there for YOU whenever you need us. We will guide you through any complexities that may arise by working tirelessly and expertly.
Cost effective – We’re so worth it
Whether you’re in a studio, on a beach, planning your next job or it’s ‘business as usual’, our advice can reduce your tax burden. We know how unique your job is and we CAN help you to keep as much money as possible from all your hard work.
Meeting your needs
Here are a few issues you might face and examples of how we can help you:
- We’ll help you to maximise your earnings, taking into account any agency fees
- We appreciate that you may be paid hourly, daily, per campaign or shoot so we can check whether your income is trading income (meaning you could claim more expenses) and ensure that you pay any tax twice a year via Self- Assessment.
- Our experts will make sure that the correct tax is deducted at source.
- Regardless of where you’re based or travel to, we’ll advise you regarding tax-deductible expenses.
We’ll help you to navigate the complexity of UK and international tax laws.
- Allocating you your own dedicated accountant who will optimise all of your tax affairs, The Showbiz Accountant will provide you with that complete peace of mind.
- We’ll ensure that you only pay the tax you owe, regardless of where you’re competing.
- The UK has a Double Taxation Agreement with many countries but we can minimise the tax you pay.
We’ll help you to avoid the common tax pitfalls facing models
- Taking account of all expenses that can be claimed, we’ll help you with the expenses associated with marketing and publicity shots and even the clothes you need for them as well as travel here and abroad.
- We’ll help you navigate any ‘fixed assets’ to ensure that any deductions from your taxable income will be made.
- If you opt for ‘simplified expenses’ under the new cash basis, you won’t be able to set off any losses against other income and this could limit your expense claims.
Get in touch with The Showbiz Accountant to find out how we could help your business, or call Keith Rennie (Managing Partner) in the UK on: 0203 384 2224.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please read our Model related Blogs below for more information: