Your search for a talented accountant is over!
You wouldn’t expect an accountant to be able to spot the next big thing just as we wouldn’t expect you to have the specialist knowledge to sort out all the nuances of your accounts and taxes. Whether you’re negotiating a lucrative deal for a client, or signing a raw new talent, you’re likely to be gaining revenue at different times from different sources. This can bring complexities so why not free up your valuable time and let us help you to make the most of your earnings.
Our accountants in the UK and the US provide a complete suite of a services that will ensure that your accounts are in order.
- We look after all aspects of your financial affairs, from tax compliance and general business advice through to tax advice and wealth protection.
- We currently work with several talent agents – so we understand your income streams and allowable expenses.
- We have offices on both side ‘of the pond’ so wherever you, or your clients, are based or travel we can handle any international tax requirements.
So, how can we help?
Our services are:
Accurate – Sealing the deal
While you’re looking after your stars, promoting and supporting them every step of the way, we’ll do the same for you. We’ll ensure that everything is correctly accounted for. That might mean taking account of elements such as publicity, travel, entertaining and your phone bill! This is all aimed at making sure you keep the maximum amount possible from your earnings.
Reliable – We never let a good thing go…
Just as you work tirelessly behind the scenes for your stars so that they can be centre stage, we’re there for YOU whenever you need us (we’re ridiculously flexible). We’ll also work tirelessly and continue to use our expertise to guide you through any complexities that may arise.
Cost effective – A Star is Born!
Whether you’re re-negotiating increased rewards, pitching to industry leaders or it’s ‘business as usual’, our advice can reduce your tax burden. We CAN help you to keep as much money as possible from all your hard work.
Meeting your need
Here are a few issues you might face and examples of how we can help you:
- We’ll help you to maximise your earnings – whether you’re employed or self employed
- If you’re self-employed, we’ll check whether your income is trading income (so you could claim more expenses) and ensure that you pay any tax twice a year via Self- Assessment.
- If you’re employed, our experts will make sure that the correct tax is deducted at source by your employer.
- In both cases, we’ll advise you regarding tax-deductible expenses
‘Axia have really helped with my affairs, being dual resident in both the UK and the US my affairs can be very daunting and complicated, but they have always managed to advise in the best way possible. I would highly recommend Axia as an accountancy firm to anyone looking for a professional and consistent service.’
We’ll help you to navigate the complexity of UK and international tax laws.
- Allocating you your own dedicated accountant who will optimise all of your tax affairs, The Showbiz Accountant will provide you with that complete peace of mind.
- Even if you’re working on multiple contracts in the UK and abroad, we’ll ensure that you only pay the tax that you owe.
- The UK has a Double Taxation Agreement with many countries but we can minimise the tax you pay.
We’ll help you to avoid the common tax pitfalls facing talent agents
- We’ll help you to take account of all expenses that can be claimed – from advertising and entertaining through to subsistence and travel.
- Even if you don’t think you have any ‘fixed assets’ we’ll ensure that any deductions from your taxable income will be made.
- If you opt for ‘simplified expenses’ under the new cash basis, you won’t be able to set off any losses against other income and this could limit your expense claims.
To find out more about how The Showbiz Accountant could help your business, call Keith Rennie (Managing Partner) in the UK on: 0203 972 0155.
To schedule a call or email a question please click here.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please read our Talent Agent related Blogs below for more information: